Business Group Highlights Health
The Health group provides solutions to help government healthcare agencies lower administrative costs, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the quality of services for individuals. We also provide analytics that combine clinical knowledge with big data technology and techniques to transform petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our customers. Responsibilities
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is seeking a Client Relationship Executive to support their Defense Health team.
The Client Relationship Executive serve as a part of the leadership team helping to modernize a Defense Health Agency's IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. The resultant IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling military and civilian personnel globally to support the continuum of health services.
The Client Relations Executive will be responsible for creating and nurturing long-term relationships with customers. They will:
• Drive targeting efforts across the breadth of the client's business units and functions
• Develop strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
• Build relationships with key executives to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and close sales
• Identify and influence key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
• Assist the account team with qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
• Play a leadership role in pursuits and an oversight role in the development of proposals
• Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams
• Work closely with the team to ensure that the client business and financial plan is developed, monitored and that pursuit processes are consistently executed across the account
• Identify and build "whitespace" client relationships, leveraging personal, professional and networks
• Provide account and pursuit teams with deep knowledge of the client's engagement history, culture, organizational structure, competitive landscape and differentiators from the client's perspective
• Utilize broad understanding of Perspecta' s service offerings to identify and co-develop holistic, tailored solutions to address client needs Qualifications
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
• Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 10+ years of experience working within the Federal Government market and at least 5 years in successful consultative experience with DHA account.
• Strong working knowledge of DHA's Directorates and their subordinate centers and offices.
• Highly developed consultative approach, solution selling and business development skills.
• Business and customer oriented team player with ability to form alliances
• Strong influencing and communication skills at a CIO level. Must be fluent in English.
• Ability to cope with high peak workloads, travel and periods away from home, and short deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, oral, and written
• Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust). About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).