If you're a self-starting technology manager with outstanding people skills, customer focus and experience managing technical staff in the service delivery space, this is your opportunity to join the respected and award-winning Information Technology department of Alameda County. We have a team-oriented, performance-based culture where you can develop professionally and make a strong impact. The Client Services Manager will be responsible for managing the team of technicians and analysts that provide our clients with hands-on technical support for endpoints.
The Client Services Manager will be focused on enabling the support team to help Alameda County Departments function at their peak potential. The Client Services Manager is expected to leverage their inter-personal skills and influence to work with all levels of the organization to maximize customer satisfaction.
What you will achieve
- Manage a multi-level team of technical support personnel providing support for endpoints (computers, tablets, phones) and Audio-visual systems. Responsible for hiring, performance management, and career development.
- Identify skill and knowledge deficits in the team and implement plans to fill those gaps.
- Develop strong working relationships with the business and technology teams to ensure overall customer approval and program success.
- Recommend and present new endpoint and Audio-Visual technologies and strategic direction to executive management.
- Act as liaison with vendors and contractors; communicate information to staff; executive management and production staff as vendor’s point of contact; manage vendor and contractor relations.
- Facilitate the flow of work, information, ideas, and technology among the team and ensure collaboration with other teams.
- Meet with customers and IT leadership to analyze departmental business requirements and establish Service Level Agreements.
- Measure and manage service performance metrics of the team and implement improvements.
- Manage multiple concurrent IT projects that are medium to high in complexity, size, and scope.
- Responsible for driving digital transformation projects related to the endpoints across the County.
- Responsible for deliverables, cost, schedule, and quality of the daily work and projects under their direction. Allocate and direct staff and other resources to accomplish projects and operational objectives of the team.
The equivalent of five years of full-time increasingly responsible experience in endpoint management and technology support that included documentation and project management and at least three years of direct supervision and workload management of technical staff. (Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of technical experience.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Microsoft products and technologies related to computers, mobile devices.
- Microsoft Office 365 product suite.
- Cloud-based services and technologies.
- Messaging and collaboration technologies.
- Wireless technologies.
- Workstation, laptop, and mobile technologies.
- Information security architecture, frameworks and concepts.
- Principles and techniques of project planning, scheduling and control as applied to systems development and maintenance in a large information technology installation.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of supervision, personnel development, administration and resource management.
- Remote access and mobile technologies.
- Information security concepts
- Office system client technologies, messaging software applications/mobile technologies.
- Industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Customer service best practices.
- Web Internet/Intranet environment (desired).
- Servers and related technologies (desired).
- DevOps Tools Administration (desired).
- Plan, direct, mentor, coordinate, and evaluate the work of staff for maximum productivity by leveraging the direct Supervisors.
- Effectively communicate with executive management, IT Managers and customers.
- Interface with users at all levels of the organization.
- Document current and future procedures and processes.
- Prepare, maintain and manage project plans and documentation.
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Develop annual budgets, and project budgets.
- Manage project schedules, resources and personnel.
- Develop schedules, work plans, and training for staff.
- Understand the workflow and organizational needs of a department.
- Work effectively with subordinate staff, other managers, and user department representatives.
- Communicate technical concepts, strategic direction, problem situations, and project progress in a clear manner to interested parties and/or non-technical staff.
- Respond quickly and effectively to customer and IT Management needs, proactively and reactively.
- Maintain the highest level of service to internal customers and the public
- Analyze and problem solve.
Benefits include: County Defined Benefit Pension Plan, eleven (11) paid holidays a year + initial accrual rate of ten (10) vacation days/yr (increases over time) + seven (7) additional management paid vacation days/year + four (4) floating holidays/year + accrual of thirteen (13) sick days/year. Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ FSA/ Transportation cafeteria benefit selection options, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documents upon hire. Alameda County does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B) and an offer of employment shall not be construed as including said sponsorship presently or in the future. No vendor resumes at this time.