Summit Technologies, Inc. has an opening for Client Support Administrators / Tier II Deskside Support Technicians. In this role you will provide client administration for Microsoft desktops, laptops, tablet systems, printers and multifunction devices (MFD). These are full time onsite positions in Fort Lee, VA requiring an Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation and configuration change requests.
- Assist System Administrators with testing of local client applications and security patches.
- Install, configure and maintain authorized desktop client applications (such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, Citrix, VPN’s and VTC software).
- Create, modify, update and resolve customer support incidents.
- Troubleshoot and resolve standard application/configuration problems via telephone, remote internet control or on location.
- Establish, maintain, delete, and troubleshoot Active Directory client accounts/client systems.
- Perform Active Directory (AD) organization unit (OU) administration. Examples of tasks include creating, troubleshooting and deleting user accounts. Security rights assignments through group membership, AD queries and reporting, PowerShell scripting.
- Maintain local standard operating systems and application software to current standard level.
- Coordinate standard system image configuration changes with the SCCM Image Team.
- Configure, setup and maintain patching of supported peripherals devices such as Multi-Function Devices (MFD), printers, scanners, and external CD/DVD R/RW devices.
- Troubleshoot desktop, notebook, tablet and printer issues within defined timelines.
- Provide Tier 3 service techs and server technicians required/requested log file information to resolve issues.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft log file structure and be able to follow local Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP’s) in locating and reading pertinent application log files for troubleshooting common issues.
- Complete physical hard drive (HDD) removal and destruction / degauss in accordance with DOD and local policies.
- Perform commercial hardware repair on Dell and HP computer systems.
- Provide technical assistance to other technicians, assigned activity users and mission application/ local administrators.
- Create and update TTP documentation for routine technical processes.
- Clearly communicate information to technical and non-technical users at all levels.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience providing client support for Active Directory and Microsoft Office Suite 2013 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
- Strong troubleshooting and desktop support skills.
- Hands on knowledge of PC imaging, remote printer setup, connectivity and experience troubleshooting E-Mail systems.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems hardware and software issues remotely.
- Advanced understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Experience implementing systems security to include managing and issuing passwords, establishing user and group accounts, and recommending and establishing file permission attributes.
- Hands on knowledge of LAN/WAN internet environments.
- Ability to work on team projects and on individual projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience creating and modifying documentation for technical processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- IAT-II certificate (CompTIA Security+ CE or other IAT II certification)
- MCSA WIN 10 CE
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply to: email@example.com , place "5758" in the email subject line, and forward the following information:
- Updated resume in Word format; including MM/YYYY for each employer
- Best times and ways (email address and phone numbers) to reach you
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits)
- Availability to interview and start
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best prospects and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.