The Business Analyst will work in a multi-project, cross-functional capacity and will be responsible for supporting the ongoing developmental execution of one or more products. The position involves close interaction with product managers, market-focused product strategists, key customers/business stakeholders, delivery managers, solution architects, and engineering development/test teams.
Job duties include supporting the creation of market-driven business requirements based on defined market needs, translating those requirements into prioritized user stories and system requirements for agile product backlogs, and providing ongoing subject matter expertise and guidance to the scrum teams developing the products to ensure releases meet the intended business requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Information Technology, Business or equivalent clinical research work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in business analysis, software development/implementation, project management and/or product management, Clinical or Pharmaceutical industry required.
- Proficient in gathering/analyzing information from internal and external stakeholders to document business requirements.
- Proficient written and verbal communicator with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Strong aptitudes for conceptual thinking in business context, assertiveness, and detail attention.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently, as a collaborative team member consisting of onshore and offshore resources, and as a leader in support of successful product releases.
- Experience with IRB would be a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Write clear business requirements reflecting the defined market needs.
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of product functionality from both user and system perspective.
- Support the Product Managers' authoritative voice of a product's capabilities to stakeholders.
- Support Product Managers in guiding the developmental execution of one or more products.
- Lead collaboration efforts with scrum teams to support the implementation of market needs.
- Author user stories based on business requirements to provide context to the scrum teams.
- Create and refine detailed functional and non-functional requirements in support of development and testing and trace them to business requirements.
- Identify edge-cases, error conditions, dependencies and impacts to other areas and systems.
- Provide input into sprint planning sessions and daily scrum team stand up meetings.
- Present to stakeholders at sprint demos.
- Lead requirements reviews to identify missing, unclear, or conflicting requirements.
- Make rapid tactical decisions on functionality or usability in keeping with business needs.
- Assist in the coordination of User Acceptance Testing activities.
- Provide input to training materials to ensure content aligns with the product release.
- Adhere to all established quality assurance policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Author and review customer facing release notes to communicate, in business terms, the product changes being implement within the release.
- Promote product education and awareness and conduct knowledge transfers to other teams.
- Assist in the preparation of statements of work, RFI responses and marketing collateral.
- Perform live software demonstrations on-site or via web conference software.
- Represent the product at seminars and trade shows.
- Support product marketing and launch activities.