Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is looking for a Clinical Analyst, Genomics, Pathology Lab Medicine
This position is responsible for building, maintaining and supporting applications that pertain to Genomic and Genetic medicine. The incumbent will be working within in the field of genomics and Clinical Laboratory genetic testing platforms as it applies to patient care and research. This position will involve an understanding of sequencing, variants and general knowledge of genomics; knowledge in these areas is preferable.
• Troubleshoot Cerner hardware, including printers, terminals, and network servers.
• Provide technical support to professional and technical Laboratory staff
• Insure that the interfaces between Cerner and other systems are properly functioning.
• Recognizes problems as they occur and / or reviews records to identify recurrent or existing problems.
• Researches questions / problems concerning services of the department to determine possible solutions.
• Determines effective solution or best course of action by reviewing alternatives, considering effect of action/solution upon the department or section.
• Resolves problems by initiating and/or recommending the selected course of action or solution.
• Communicates course of action to all involved.
• Create/Maintain user profiles.
• Maintain billing database including CDM, CPT-4, and ICD-10.
• Responsible for maintaining system security and confidentiality.
• Test integrity of LIS database after any downtime periods.
• Assists with Interface testing with IS for any system integrations.
• Provide test definition information to all foreign systems.
• Develop and maintain custom reports from clinical data bases.
• Help build new database tables
• Help test web order entry and result posting
• Define and develop standard QA/QI monitoring functions
• Provide end user support and training for new LIS applications
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in healthcare IT required
• Must possess excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage multiple issues, tasks and communicate technical issues to non-technical staff
• Ability to be detail oriented with a high level of independent judgment and a thorough understanding of test procedures in the clinical laboratory
• Demonstrable skills in problem solving, communication, coordination, follow-up and independent performance is required
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.