Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Clinical Analyst Path Lab Medicine provides application support services for laboratory medicine staff. Provides operational expertise and guidance to assist in application implementation, support and maintenance.
• Provides technical support to professional and technical Laboratory staff.
• Troubleshoots hardware, including printers, terminals and network servers.
• Ensures that the interfaces between systems are properly functioning.
• Researches questions / problems concerning services of the department to determine possible solutions. Determines effective solution or best course of action by reviewing alternatives, considering effect of action/solution upon the department or section
• Creates and maintain user profiles.
• Maintains system devices through repairs, providing back-ups, relocating, etc. Assists in the maintenance of system devices through repairs, providing back-ups, relocating, etc.
• Assists with Interface testing with IS for any system integrations.
• Develops and maintain custom reports from clinical data bases.
• Assists in planning, coordinating and testing of all software changes and upgrades.
• Assists in design, testing and maintenance of general lab procedures on the various foreign system interfaces throughout the health system.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program
• 2+ years of professional clinical laboratory experience required
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate technical information and ideas
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of test procedures in a clinical laboratory setting
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of six (6) hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 8,923 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.