At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.Job Details
MSK is seeking a Clinical Systems Specialist to join our Digital Solutions team. This is a very exciting time at MSK, as we move forward on our journey through the digital transformation process. There are changes underway to make our IT department more agile and responsive to the needs of all our users. In this generalist role, the candidate will be responsible for analysis, evaluation of software features and functions, implementations, configuration, testing, deployment, documentation and on-going support for a portfolio of departments and applications. In addition, you will coordinate information technology related activities between end user departments and corresponding IT groups.You Will:
- Be responsible for coordinating all IT related activities for a multitude of projects such as new system implementations, system upgrades, system enhancements, ongoing maintenance and integration initiatives in partnership with clinical end user departments like Laboratory, Radiology, Pathology and many others.
- Work closely with integration programmers to develop new interfaces (HL7, XML, API, etc.) and trouble-shoot existing ones.
- Translate users' operational needs into practical, cost effective, and acceptable risk design solutions. Work with Health Informatics, Nursing Informatics and Ancillary IT teams that will present requests which you will have to document, understand, and evaluate to present possible technology solutions.
- Create application specification documents (including but not limited to functional design, workflow, maintenance, and support/troubleshooting, etc) in applications like Visio, Word and Excel to keep track of support processes, hardware configuration details, device inventories, etc.
- Review and understand potential use cases to develop, document and execute test plans for new integrations and modifications to existing functionality.
- Track and document issues, decision points and resolutions for new implementations or other MSK projects.
- Collaborate with business owners to translate business process requirements into system functionality and configuration.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Adept at learning quickly and applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Goal oriented and consistently striving to achieve results
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Information Sciences, Information Systems or equivalent experience; Master's Degree is a plus
- 5 to 7 years experience in a complex, multi-departmental healthcare environment
- 5 to 7 years experience in a project management capacity, preferably performing clinical system implementations from the technical side but understands the clinical operational significance/impact
- Experience with HL7 and other types of interfacing
- The ability to effectively handle multiple projects and prioritize tasks will be the key to success in this role
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite, including Outlook, MS Project, Teams, SharePoint and VISIO
- Exposure to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
- Off-hours support required