The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity
is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity
, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:Organizational Overview
As an Associate with SS&C Health, you will be part of an organization that promotes better health outcomes for consumers through clinical and technological innovations. We accomplish this by leveraging the robust technology foundation and powerful analytic resources that are the core of DST, with industry leading clinical expertise and strategic pharmacy and healthcare solutions. You will join a team that is redefining the value of pharmacy in healthcare through the integration of advanced analytics, clinical insights and transformative digital capabilities.Role Overview
The Clinical Pharmacist or clinician participates in product planning and execution throughout the entire product life cycle. They create clinical business cases for proposed new features and identify clinical requirements for future and current products. The associate will work to enhance the company's strengths and capabilities, technologies, quality, costs, customer interactions, and marketplace demands. Performs research and outcomes analysis and provides input to the product vision and strategy, product solution development plan, product roadmap, operational models, positioning in the marketplace, and launch process. They develop, track, and report on multiple products simultaneously, in various cycles of development. They apply clinical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry experience to effectively manage the product lifecycle. They have a strong understanding of the therapeutic class agents and features and capabilities and clinical and business segment trends (Commercial, Medicare D, and Medicaid) which may impact a successful new product launch. Represents the market within the division and works with development to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions.Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering clinical management programs to support health plan program (Medicare Part D, Commercial, etc.) financial and outcome goals. Also assist in operational support and execution of key formulary and rebate activities. This includes QA, and vendor support and review of clinical outputs from the Formulary Management Department.
- May need to guide the daily clinical pharmacy operations of support staff as part of the overall cross-functional management of key tasks.
- Ensures plan compliance and provides clinical and operations support in collaboration with program managers for planning, creating, maintaining and reviewing Health Plan Formularies, Prior Authorization criteria, Step Therapy criteria, and other utilization management restrictions.
- Serves as the product expert for clinical rules execution of standards for key DST departments. Collaborates with Product Development, Outcomes Reporting, CMS Program Office, Program Network Office (PNO- URAC) and Chief Medical Officer to create, revise, and review policies and procedures, outcomes data and new programs pertaining to related (Medicare Part D, Commercial, etc.) programs.
- Consults Product Managers on the review of product design. This includes clinical planning and execution of rules and outcomes management and maintenance to support products as they mature throughout the entire product life cycle. Assess design for business case feasibility, cost, clinical risk, adherence to clinical best practices/standards and outcomes intent
- Provide consulting advice, guidance and counsel in all clinical aspects of operations.
- For development, assess the clinical feasibility of the overall product business case as it applies to clinical standards, objectives and outcomes. Performs research and analysis on specific clinical objectives during pre and post implementation to validate the impact of current products.
- Develops, tracks, and reports on multiple clinical product tasks and objectives simultaneously, in various cycles of development.
- Applies technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry experience to effectively execute and maintain the project.
- Has a strong understanding of the competitive clinical features, clinical trends (PDC, risk scoring), and industry standards (URAC, CMS) which may impact the development and ongoing success of a product. Will drive the clinical revision of products subject to meet current guidelines annually. Implement best practices, standards and quality checks across multiple programs.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work-related experience, or Master's degree and 1 year of work-related experience, or 5 years equivalent work-related experience
- Must be an actively licensed pharmacist or nurse in at least 1 state.
- Experience with product management projects that have used an agile methodology
- Excellent data analysis, reporting, and analytics skills
- Critical thinking capabilities
- Demonstrated consultation and relationship building skills
- Intermediate experience leveraging pharmacy and healthcare related systems, tools and databases including FDB/Medispan attributes, John Hopkins's ACG, and pharmacy claims processing
- Strong proficiency with computers and MS Office products
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Access and Excel
- Familiarity with database design, structure, management, and reporting using SQL, IBM Datastage and/or other industry current query and ETL tools
- Familiarity with specialty applications for project and resource collaboration such as SharePoint, JIRA, InfoPath, or Confluence
- Excellent verbal, written communication, project management and training/presentation skills
Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.