Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
As a core member of multiple Project Teams, lead the operational execution of projects from early drug discovery through first-in-human clinical trials using Critical Chain project management to drive rapid and reliable completion of critical project deliverables. In partnership with the project leader, develop and actively manage projects, including proactive identification and resolution of issues jeopardizing successful deliveries
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Core Responsibilities)
1. Cultivate collaborative relationships with functional leaders, team members, and external stakeholders.
2. Proactively identify and facilitate the resolution of potential timeline, task, budget and resource issues and support internal staff in the execution of drug development project work.
3. Develop and actively manage operational project plans using Critical Chain project management.
4. Ensure prioritization and timeline alignment between company and downstream customers.
5. Develop and maintain long-term placeholder project plans to ensure valid, actionable resource demand forecasts.
6. Manage cross-functional dependencies and act as interface with other project management functions for integrated project timelines/budget/resources.
7. Contribute to operational problem resolution by developing contingency scenarios with functional areas and downstream stakeholders.
8. Maintain knowledge of cross-disciplinary processes and development programs.
9. Provide key data to Functional Area Heads to update project status and impact on TA and overall portfolio (e.g. timelines, budget, resources, and delays).
10. Contribute to and maintain standards within company Functional Planning & Resource Management (templates, processes, best practices).
11. Facilitate communication to and from project teams by ensuring accessibility and completeness of information (Project plans and supporting information)
12. On a weekly basis, document cause and impact of obstacles that inhibit focused progress.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES / DETAILED DUTIES:
1. Provide support to company functions for scenario and what-if discussions.
2. Proactively identify major operational risks and facilitate resolution and/or mitigation between company and external customers.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field (graduate degree preferred)
5 years’ experience as a project manager in life sciences, with demonstrated strong project management expertise or PMP certification. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project (IIL Blue Belt or Equivalent).
Special Training or Certification: Experience managing projects using Critical Chain methodology strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of drug discovery for biologics preferred.
Contacts Inside the Company: company Team Leaders, PDMS, company Functional Management, Project Management Office, Finance
Applicants must provide their phone number. Please reference job number 2399.
San Francisco, CAContact