The Corporate Support Systems (CSS) Infrastructure team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with solid project management and leadership skills to lead a talented team supporting various customers and technologies.Responsibilities Include:
• Guiding the team through a transition from primarily supporting PeopleSoft applications to supporting both in-house systems (.Net) and cloud applications.
• Architecting new systems as cloud solutions.
• Production support including triage and on-call duties to ensure systems are highly available and stable for our customers.
• Actively maintain Disaster Recovery plans for supported systems.
• Process audit inquiries from Internal Audit, IT Compliance and 3rd party auditors to ensure our systems maintain compliance.
• Ensuring 24x7 on-call rotation and production support.
• Oversee and streamline the handling and resolution of trouble tickets.
• Working with peers, improving processes and support for remote customersCandidate Required Qualifications:
• Minimum of three years of experience in IT project management or equivalent leadership experience successfully delivering complex business and technical projects and supporting multi-tier applications on Linux systems.
• Minimum of five years of experience supporting server-based applications
• Minimum of three years of experience with administering PeopleSoft.
• Minimum of three years of experience with administering .NET applications, including TFS or VSTS.
• Performance Review and Goal Setting to include managing team performance metrics.
• Windows server administration and scripting tools experience.
• UNIX shell scripting experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of Management.Highly Preferred:
• Workday experience.
• Experience architecting/deploying components in a cloud-based solution.
• Knowledge in Cloud architecture.
• Knowledge of Oracle or SQL Server technical features and experience with Oracle or SQL Server performance tuning.
• Experience with Agile best practices.
• Experience working with remote resources.
• ITIL Foundation Certification.About GEICO
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.