Synchrony Financial is transforming the way we deliver IT Services, and with that we have a new opening for a Cloud/Data Platform Engineer. The Cloud/Data Platform Engineer will serve the vital lead role in implementing and running Cloud Data strategies, and lead key critical components of the ramp up of cloud services. The qualified candidate is expected to have deep technical knowledge of Cloud Data Platforms, developed from previous experience in deploying such solutions in production environments.
- Design and develop scalable and reliable real-time stream processing solutions using Kafka along with Caching solutions for real-time applications.
- Provide expertise and hands on experience working with Kafka brokers and Kafka connectors
- Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
- Provide expertise and hands on experience working with Gemfire creating Regions and performance tuning environments.
- Provide expertise in various database technologies: Gemfire, RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop.
- Experience with XML,HTTP/SOAP and HTTP-direct • Experience with gfc,JMX, command line utility,VSD
- Work directly with business partners to translate complex functional and technical requirements for streaming data ingestion solutions into detailed design & implementation plans
- Work closely with EA and cross-functional technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Work closely with Platform Engineering team to analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Write and produce technical documentation and-knowledge based articles
- Work with Production Support to assist with troubleshooting service stability, message topic or delivery issues, perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning.
- Perform design & code reviews
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Competence in using scripting + programming languages to automate frequently executed activities
- 4+ years IaaS experience (vSphere / ESXi / AWS / OpenStack / Azure / GCP)
- 2+ year Streaming Technology Experience
- 2+ years NoSQL/SQL database Experience
- 2+ year Caching Technology Experience
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix / Windows systems
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo and other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment model