Cloud / Data Architect
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Our client is looking for a highly talented and motivated Information Architect with expertise in data modeling, advanced analytics and big data platforms. This position will be part of the IT Architecture team, and will be responsible for guiding business and IT stakeholders to realize impactful business outcomes leveraging data as an asset. The candidate needs to be passionate about data analytics and the value it can bring to our business.
- Architect, design, and develop data platform in the AWS cloud based on data lake architecture and design
- Collaborate and drive to mature data/information architecture in the enterprise
- Understand and recommend optimal database designs in the cloud for new developments
- Understand and recommend optimal database designs for on-premise data migration to cloud-based solution
- Define, in collaboration with cross-team members in the organization, policies, principles, standards, best practices, and guidelines for overall data architecture and design to enable cloud data governance
- Assess trends in the areas of information management and analytics, and communicate relevant concepts and implications to business and IT stakeholders to inform business and IT strategy.
- Identify and present new technology solutions to enable business and IT strategy.
- Work with business subject matter experts to explore data and uncover potential opportunities within the company to apply machine learning techniques.
- Provide technical leadership on projects throughout the solution delivery lifecycle.
- Design applications to deploy statistical models into operations to predict outcomes or constrain optimization problems.
- BS in Computer Science or related field required; Masters in Data Science, Applied Statistics, or Computer Science preferred
- 2+ years hands-on AWS Data lake development and implementation experience
- Knowledge of different data base and storage options in AWS
- Understanding of and preferable experience with data streaming technologies and real time analytics
- AWS development skills including EMR, S3, Lambda, IAM, Redshift, RDS, Kinesis, Glue, CloudFormation, etc.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and relationship skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among senior business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to translate highly complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components and recommendations to drive solutions; ability to influence others without direct authority
- Expertise in data modeling and at least one of the programming languages that are well suited for working with large data sets such as SAS, Python, SQL, and Hadoop ecosystem technologies
- Experience with machine learning software such as SAS, Python, R, and KNIME
- Experience with data exploration and visualization tools such as SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, and Microsoft PowerBI preferred
- Must be self-starting, assertive, resourceful, creative, and willing to take risks in pursuit of uncovering new ways to derive value from analytics