Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ... Work You'll Do
The Cloud & Infrastructure support analyst (USDC) will be responsible for providing support for all activities related to cloud and infrastructure on the x86 platform architecture across a variety of platform and operating systems for Deloitte clients. This individual must possess a thorough understanding of cloud and infrastructure technology backed with hands-on operational experience on one or many cloud platforms. This is a client facing role local to Deloitte's Orlando based delivery center with a focus on supporting cloud and infrastructure technologies across multiple client projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide hands-on cloud and infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise
- Maintain functional expertise on the latest compute, storage, networking and virtualization technologies including surrounding industry best practices
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation services that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for SNET and our clients
- Review and operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support
- Develop functional prototypes, demo, testing and training environments as needed to support system administration activities
- Develop documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solutions Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major package applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, Middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .Net, Networking, SAN, Server Virtualization, Cloud, etc. SNET staff is exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases, serves as an R&D function for Deloitte.
As a dynamic and leading-edge company, Deloitte offers a phenomenal opportunity for staff to join a high growth environment to expand, enhance and strengthen their client service and technology skills. Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's Degree (Software/Computer Technology Field Preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience administering cloud or infrastructure services across a large, diverse, server environment
- 1+ years of prior government and/or commercial consulting experience
- Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Demonstrated experience, training or certification with a major Public Cloud platform such as VMware vCloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer, etc.
- Demonstrated experience, training or certification with major Private Cloud platforms such as VMware vRealize, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle OVM, RedHat KVM, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Intermediate knowledge of enterprise storage administration
- Intermediate knowledge of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, & VPC)
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Knowledge of Architecture governance best practices and experience applying them to solve client
- Demonstrated record in leading and instilling service disciplines and team work
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Needs to work and live out of Gilbert, AZ or Lake Mary, FL.
- No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- This position may require up to 25% travel ( While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)