We are looking for an avid, creative, intellectually curious, hands on cloud technologist/engineer who will primarily work on our strategic cloud initiatives and research activities in GBAM Strategy and Emerging Technologies Group. This person will s erve as a fully seasoned/proficient technical acumen for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor.
- Participate in developing and updating our cloud strategy roadmap
- Closely follow new technologies and methodologies regarding cloud practices, research ways to integrate new ideas to leverage cloud capabilities in the Bank.
- Design and develop POC for new technologies in dedicated lab environment, structure and report findings
- Work with application development teams to identify requirements for cloud applications
- Construct concept, identify technical solutions and options, design high level and low level architecture
- Collaborate and socialize ideas in order to get buy in for technical solutions
- Develop code for selected solutions
- 10+ years of experience in software development (Java or Python, both preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in solution architecture
- 2+ years working experience in designing and developing cloud systems/application on one of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Hands on experience on virtualization and container concepts
- Hands on experience on API Management
- Hands on experience on Microservices
- Solid understanding on agile practices and DevOps
- Good understanding on security best practices regarding authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography, PKI, data at rest and data in transit
- Developer or Architect certification from a cloud service provider (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Software and architecture design patterns
- Architecture modelling (UML diagrams)
- Hands on experience on Linux
- Background in financial services
- Curious and ambitious person who believes learning never ends
- Ability to work with little or no guidance
- Proven qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to understand, communicate, and present both technical landscape and business value for measurable financial gains.
- Seasoned and experienced communicator with senior management and technical staff
This person will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives.
Location: NYC Shift:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role