Cloud Application Developer - Python, Linux, Docker - SS&C Technologies
Durham, NC, USA; New York, NY, USA
Thursday, September 3, 2020
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based in Durham, NC; or New York City, NYPosition Overview:
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the SS&C Algorithmics Cloud Development team building out the SS&C Algorithmics Financial Risk APIs, an innovative cloud native platform servicing banks, asset managers, insurance companies and hedge funds. As a cloud application platform developer, you will participate as a member of a global team working with modern technologies cloud technologies include Python, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, GitLab, Jira, and more. You will be responsible for designing, building, testing, and/or enhancing one or more microservices to meet both business and technical specifications.
The SS&C Algorithmics Financial Risk APIs are a cloud native ecosystem of risk and investment management micro-services providing simplified, immediate access to sophisticated tools delivered by API. These APIs can be leveraged together or separately based on business need. Financial Risk APIs are offered via an attractive consumption-based pricing model. As each service is offered as a multi-tenant solution, the infrastructure can be scaled dynamically to meet client demands. Seamless data and hardware integration allow for intuitive use of the APIs, accessible in the language of your choice.Required Skills:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, and Public Cloud environments.
- Experience with Python programming and Linux
- Working knowledge of production deployment and coding practices
- Working knowledge of the security aspects of cloud deployments, including authentication, authorization, key management and using encryption
- Understanding of open source software licenses
- Knowledge of financial markets and instrument pricing models are a plus
- Comfortable collaborating with colleagues both in person and remotely
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to learn new and emerging technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability in approach to work with the ability to work well on both independent and team projects
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external parties
- Take personal ownership by going beyond assigned tasks to improve projects, identifying issues, proposing solutions, and working to continually improve client satisfaction
- Undergraduate degree
- BS or MS in Computer Science a plus
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.Other details