Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Title:
Cloud Architect - AWS Career Level:
Hermitage, TN; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA. preferred, but open to other locations Organization:
Technology & Infrastructure - Office of the Deputy CIO for Technology
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Overview
The Platform and Engineering team is a part of the Deloitte Cloud Solution Center that reports to the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology and is responsible for delivering cloud solutions that accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The team specializes in digitizing the firm's best practices and instantiating them as platform tool configurations and automations that drive agility while providing a secure and resilient hosting environment.
The cloud architect is a critical thinker and problem solver with a business-first mindset. As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you will lead the design and development of our core global cloud platform capabilities across multiple cloud providers including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. For this particular position, AWS experience is required.
Your responsibilities include partnering with cloud providers, architects, and other engineering teams in developing our global cloud platform as well as providing best practices and approaches to ensure resiliency and availability of cloud solutions. You will be challenged to create strategies that ensures the secure consumption of the platform through continuous innovation, simplification, decentralization and self-service automation. Responsibilities:
- Be a thought leader by staying abreast of current and emerging cloud technologies and industry trends.
- Work with your peers to design and build our global cloud hosting platform capabilities and incorporate the necessary automations and tool configurations that ensure agile and secure consumption.
- Be a trusted advisor for cloud initiativesbyproviding objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Directly support the use and delivery of cloud services in the organization.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to deliver strategic investments in cloud
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow established security and compliance controls.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence. The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
How you'll grow
- 4+ years of experience building resilient, highly available and scalable cloud native platforms and solutions.
- 4+ years of experience in the IT field.
- Considerable tangible experience with cloud infrastructure, data, and application services.
- Strong experience designing and building multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions with particular emphasis on AWS GovCloud.
- Experience with FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST and other security and compliance standards.
- Strong experience with cloud solution design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed caching, containers etc.)
- Developer background, 3+ years of experience with programming in at least one of the following; java, c#, C++, Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and version control tools, such as VSTS, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, GIT etc.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code development along with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong experience in programmatically configuring Linux or Windows servers and services for cloud-based deployments.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Must be a US Citizen
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and culture inspires our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be balanced, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are constantly looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.