The Information Technology Department has an opening for an Enterprise Cloud Architect. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect will be a member of the Enterprise Architecture team and will help drive the definition, design and implementation of technology reference implementations, shared components and/or core frameworks, with primary focus on core infrastructure services such as Networking, Security, Automation, and Service Management, in a multi-cloud setting.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect will report into the VP, Enterprise Architecture - Enterprise Cloud Services and End-User Experience.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with rest of the members of the Enterprise Architecture team to help define and make recommendations in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of Enterprise Architecture strategies, processes, methodologies and models.
- Define optimal architecture strategy for migration to the cloud.
- Promote the development of common reusable enterprise technology solutions.
- Assess the immediate and long-term strategic goals of the organization and participate in managing the technology roadmap.
- Ensure technology solutions are aligned to solution patterns, application frameworks and the technology roadmap.
- Identify and recommend new solutions for research and participate in proof of concept initiatives to explore new architectural strategies.
- Identify implementation risks of technology solutions and analyze impact on achieving desired business outcomes.
- Influence development teams to develop and implement high quality technology solutions that meet the Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Make meaningful contributions both in design and implementation.
- Promote the development of technical infrastructure/architecture and standards.
- Collaborate and mentor the other architects.
- Evaluate architecture needs and gaps, buy versus build evaluations, prototype/pilot, and present compelling solutions.
- Maintain the definition and documentation of architectural standards, reference architectures, processes and operating models.
- Develop high-level architecture design documents to facilitate integration of in-house development projects and/or vendor based applications within the existing enterprise architecture.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent.
- Participates in efforts to develop departmental strategies.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Hands-on experience architecting, engineering and managing cloud solutions on Azure, AWS, and Google. Significant Azure experience is a requirement.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, automation orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Experience designing, building and maintaining high performance and highly scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- Proven Network experience with IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing & firewalls, including strong working knowledge of cloud pattern best practices.
- Proven Cloud Security experience in the areas of Identity and Access Management, Infrastructure Security, Data Security and Application Security.
- Experience establishing and managing file and object storage (SAN, NAS, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage).
- Experience establishing and managing database storage (e.g. SQL Server, RedShift, BigQuery, NoSQL).
- Previous experience managing data center infrastructure both physical and virtual.
- Experience with data archiving, backup and disaster recovery to the cloud.
- Hands-on experience with Docker/Kubernetes. Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry is preferred.
- Proficiency in managing projects including scope, scheduling, and change management in a project management or customer service role.
- Exceptional time management skills & flexibility in working hours.
- Technical writing competency; ability to create technical specifications/blueprints and solutions-orientated proposals.
- Ability to identify and help mitigate risks and issues.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Training and mentoring skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with real-time streaming processing (Kafka/Storm) is preferred.
- Experience with distributed BigData systems is preferred (Presto/Cassandra/HDFS/etc.).
- Experience with any of XML, APIs, Web Services, Web Forms, RSS, FTP is preferred.
- Proven ability to work within a cross functional agile team.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com