General Dynamics Health Solutions is actively looking for a Cloud Architect to help lead the transformation of existing applications and design new apps for a cloud based, modern architecture. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically but isn't afraid to dig down into the code once in a while, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
Designs and defines enterprise, primarily cloud based, for applications and infrastructure. This individual will architect and design Cloud solutions including public cloud (i.e. AWS) and private cloud offerings. Work with the Cloud Operations Manager, Software Architects, Software Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, and Security Analysts to design cloud architectures for complex, large-scale applications. Ensure cloud and application architectures are appropriate for cloud hosting and be the trusted advisor of the software development and cloud infrastructure teams. Work to ensure cloud and application architectures embrace the DevOps and Agile philosophies and ensure solutions allow for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and delivery of software, continuous integration/deployment, automation of tasks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
* Define the Cloud Architecture for both pure and hybrid cloud solutions.
* Be the go to person for Cloud Architectures. Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them to design solutions for complex business problems.
* Work with Security teams to ensure solutions comply with FISMA controls and Federal security policies.
* Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
* Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
* Be a trusted advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective and relent ideas, insights and guidance.
* Plan, organize, and execute multiple responsibilities to achieve project goals and provide technical leadership to move projects to completion.
* Ensure deliverables are completed on time and of high-quality.
* Work with teams to practice continuous improvement in processes and tooling. Develop and manage KPIs to measure performance and alignment with business objectives.
* Designs and develops enterprise architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements
* Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
* Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
* Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
* Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
* Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
* Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy
* Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced IT staff and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Serves as liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
* Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
* Training and Certification in cloud technologies and services.
* 15-20 or more years of related information technology experience.
* 10+ years of experience in the IT field.
* Demonstrated experience in infrastructure, development and operations of enterprise systems.
* 3-5 years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing (i.e. AWS, Azure, Private).
* Experience with practical implementations of continuous integration tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, or Microsoft TFS.
* Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Delivery tools.
* Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
* Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
* Familiarity with microservices architecture, working experience a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology.
* Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strategic, but also pragmatic, detail-oriented and willing to be hands-on.
* Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
* Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
* Must be in the Baltimore/DC area and able to travel to area client sites as needed.
* Green card holder or US Citizen only.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Department: Information Technology