Impact Makers is a mission-driven management and technology consulting company that delivers exceptional value to make an impact for our clients and the world. Our experienced teams help organizations manage transformation in IT, data, cloud and security with a focus on their customers and their people.
We utilize our innovative business model to transform the business value of our work into social value for the community. We re committed to gifting 100% of our net profits to the community over the life of the company and our annual community contributions rival companies 100x our size.
Want to make an impact with us as a Cloud Architect?
What you ll do
Work with a growing Cloud Services team to provide innovative cloud solutions, such as consulting on cloud strategy, optimized architecture, and CloudOps. Use your AWS/Azure knowledge to help design cloud native and hybrid applications/workloads for web, data, and analytics platforms. Participate in the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines and develop comprehensive strategies for alignment of cost, scalability, asset management and highly available operations. Lead consulting teams and collaborate with partners to define, design, and implement cloud solutions and services. Did we mention we are now an official AWS Advanced partner?
Lead technical engagements with partners and customers. Engagements may include participating in pre-sales meetings, understanding customer requirements, proposal development, delivery of custom solutions, migration of existing applications/workloads, and development of new applications/workloads using AWS/Azure cloud services. Some of the things you will do include:
- Organize and design deliverables
- Ensure collaborative workflow and deliverable integration with other service areas (security, OCM, management consulting, data and analytics, and IT),
- Proactively work with Account Executives and the Business Development team to uncover opportunities for increased work with existing clients, develop trusted client relationships and pitch new ideas/opportunities that lead to new client engagements
- Build and maintain high performing teams; work closely with the recruiting team to identify needs and resources
You ll thrive here because you
- Have extensive experience designing public cloud-based solutions, including experience with - networking, high-availability architecture, security (IAM), data management, operations, and DevOps
- Have 3-7 years of architecture/engineering experience working with public cloud applications/workloads
- Are experienced integrating and migrating common on-premise technologies and shared services (e.g., Active Directory/ADFS Federation, VMware ESXi, Splunk, etc.) with AWS or Azure
- Have experience in optimizing existing cloud workloads for cost, scalability, high availability, governance, and compliance
- Have experience working in DevOps to automate the deployment of applications/workloads in public cloud or on-premise environments, including using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity
- Have experience architecting, designing, and implementing web applications on public cloud platforms and an understanding of common architectures such as service-oriented, monolithic, and microservices
- Have experience architecting, designing, and implementing data solutions on public cloud platforms; such as traditional relational database technologies (MySQL/SQL Server), No-SQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB), enterprise data warehouses (RedShift, Teradata) and data lakes (S3, HDFS)
- Are familiar with cloud security architecture design and implementation experience
- Are a student of the industry; keeps up on trends and developments
Nice to see
- Consulting experience
- Familiarity with a programming or scripting language
- Certified in AWS and/or Azure Cloud platform
- Knowledge in Compliance and Certification & Accreditation
- Experience in with Big Data platforms and tools or data modeling techniques
- Experience with container platforms and orchestration options
- Experience with IoT, particularly public cloud service offerings
- Experience with machine learning, AI, and NLP services
Benefits of working at !mpact Makers:
As a values-based company and Certified B Corp, taking care of our employees is of the utmost importance and our employee benefits package reflects that.
We offer healthcare plans with benefit premiums 100% paid-for, 401(k) with matching, and unlimited PTO. Impact Makers embraces the pursuit of balance between work, family, and personal interests.