Job Description: No two career paths will ever look the same.
we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business
is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
We have an immediate need for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our DHS Enterprise SOC Team. The Cloud Security Engineer will be part of a team working on the design and development of security monitoring of cloud architectures for different types of cloud and cloud/hybrid systems. This position will directly contribute to the overall enterprise cloud security architecture at DHS and the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications.
The Cloud Security Engineer will serve as a point of contact for the Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) for other Technology teams within the organization. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the DHS enterprise to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect Organization intellectual property. Primary Responsibilities:
- Design and develop security monitoring architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture.
- Acts as one of the senior technical representatives for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions.
- Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions.
- Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits
of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos,
you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
- The candidate must currently possess or be able to obtain a DHS EOD and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters 10 years of prior relevant experience. 5 years' experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX, and Office 365
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware NSX and implementation of native and third party cloud workload protection platforms (CWPP) and CASB solutions such as AWS Inspector, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, vArmour, Dome9 Security, Illumio, McAfee Skyhigh, and Symantec Elastica
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security)
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, etc.)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Sr. Level security or management certification is required, e.g. CISSP, PMP.
- AWS and Azure certifications are also desired