Role: Cloud Architect
Location: Preference for any US Oracle office, but will consider people telecommuting from within the US.
The Cloud Engineering Architect is a hands-on role focused on assisting Oracle customer implement best practices to maximize the value of Oracle Products and Oracle Cloud. This is a customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud and on-premise deployment experience - architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and established success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with customers to drive Cloud Database deployments.
- Drive the deployment of the customers workloads into Oracle Cloud Services by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Oracle s Top Tier customers in design, implementation and rollout out Oracle and allied products to meet business needs
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise. Lead deployment of projects, Creation and delivery of technical content, with a dedicated focus on Oracle cloud services, and lift and shift of customer databases from OnPrem to Oracle Cloud.
- In this role one will engage with a wide cross section of internal and external stakeholders development, support, Oracle consulting services, and third party partners to drive Oracle Cloud adoption efforts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of work experience in any combination of engineering, product management and consulting with increasing responsibilities, with at least 5+ years as an Exadata, RAC and EBS Architecture
- Hands on skills based on Oracle Exadata, RAC, RMAN backup and recovery, Active Data Guard, Snap clone, enterprise manager and MAA and Performance tuning and code level technical trouble shooting.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning, software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
- Install, implement and use Enterprise Manager Grid Control for enterprise wide deployments
- Exposure to Oracle Applications - e-business suite, PeopleSoft Database installation and configuration experience - preferred.
- Exposure to Oracle Middleware Experience WebLogic server, coherence, SOA, IDM preferred
- Understanding of systems, network, storage, and web technologies is a must. Knowledge and use of REST APIs a must.
- Analysis of cloud strategies, design and development of tools for Oracle Public Cloud
- 3+ years experience in design and implementation of Oracle products in Oracle or other 3rd party clouds
- Proven ability in performing rapid assessments of clients internal technology landscape and targeting use cases and deployment targets for Public Cloud technology.
- Ability to on-board seed systems onto Public Cloud and provide guidance in the platform evaluation.
- BS/MS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage escalated technical situations & develop action plans
- BS or MS in computer science or engineering from a reputed university
As part of Oracle s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 19001GMG