The Cloud Solution Architect position will have a unique combination of being adept at developing application and solution architectures on AWS. Will establish architectural principles to improve the scalability of our cloud product offerings.
The Cloud Solution Architect will assist in building a roadmap and help set architectural standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives. In addition, they will support the technical team with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises with our 3rd party providers to implement customer-facing application solutions built on AWS.
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions by understanding FISMA, NIST, and HITRUST security framework is a plus.
- In partnership with our 3rd party providers and stakeholders, formulate and execute a strategy that supports exceeding revenue objectives leveraging SaaS model for application and support service.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of the project(s) engagement.
- Ability to look evaluate an application and define an architecture suitable for DevSecOps.
- Provide support for production escalations and problem resolution for customers.
- Act as liaison between business objectives and technical implementations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and collaborates and interacts with various teams (Architecture, Development, and Systems/Interface Engineering) in collecting data/information as it pertains to the development of our cloud applications and related services
- Partners with 3rd Party software development teams to ensure consistent development requirements are being followed.
- Identifies inadequacies and improvement opportunities in the methods/standards, recommend changes to processes that are in place.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities and ensures project learnings are documented and shared.
- This individual must possess strong interpersonal, persuasive, problem solving, and communication skills. The individual must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, can-do attitude, and a strong desire to set and achieve goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical requirements for the Cloud Architect:
- 5+ years of design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 3-5 years experience in networking; infrastructure or database architecture
- 3-5 years of experience with Java
- 3-5 years of experience with cloud design and architecture using AWS (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Athena, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, SQL Server, MYSQL, NOSQL., etc.)
- Angular 2+ experience
- Experience with Docker
- Have 3-5 years of experience as a Site-Reliability / DevOps / System Engineer administration role of a customer facing, high-availability, large scale web-based application.
- 3-5 years of Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Atlassian Jira & Confluence
- Understanding of CI/CD processes
- AWS Cloud Certifications.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premiere I.T. staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 20+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland. Now based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have narrowed their focus to a single market (Chicago) and 4 core technical areas;
Application/mobile/web development and ecommerce
Data science/analytics/business intelligence/artificial intelligence
ERP SAP/Oracle and project management/BA/QA
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.
Peterson Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Connect: Web | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
Review: Google | Glassdoor | Yelp
Apply: Dice | LinkedIn | Monster | Indeed | Glassdoor | All Openings