Job Title: Senior Solution ArchitectJob Responsibilities:
Location: Northern NJ
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Contact Info: Matt O'Brien - email@example.com - 201-786-2415
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the technical architecture of client business applications as directed by the Head of Solution Architecture on behalf of the IT Relationship Manager (ITRM).
- To effect the successful technical design and deployment of business applications in accordance to client IT Standards and Global practices.
Plan and define the successful technical deployment of systems within member firm and global environments, the role will:
Management and Competencies
- Be dedicated to an ITRM and support the Lead Senior Solution Architect as their trusted advisor and representative in any technical matter as required
- Become a trusted advisor to business stakeholders by understanding business situations and making recommendations where technology can either make improvements or solve business problems
- Plan and facilitate sessions and architectural artifacts required to conceptualize a solution and build corresponding consensus with the business and IT organizations involved.
- Define technical solutions that effectively solves the business problem and efficiently reuses ITS Global components and processes to ensure consistency in the portfolio while maintaining alignment to ITS Global standards
- Oversight of all project activities including (and not limited to) ensuring proper requirements gathering for complete understanding of business rules/transformations, coordination of technical activities across teams/resources, support review/approvals of technical solution, and others as needed
- Define, plan and monitor the technical alignment of Global/Regional/Local configuration and deployment architectures with respect to supporting core infrastructure items; for example, operating systems, productivity tools, browsers, and database technologies
- Guide and advise in the determination of requirements for all aspects of technical delivery and configuration, including: documentation, workshops, forums, training and contribute to their development and delivery. Coordinate these activities and other communications as directed by ITS Global
- Work with Global/Regional/Local IT teams to help them configure implementations, plan functional and performance testing as well as facilitate the transition of systems through delivery into formal support processes
- Participate as required in any technical task as directed by the Head of Application Delivery
- Experienced team manager and providing team leadership - define work tasks, set priorities, ensure proper utilization, monitor and report on progress
- Experience in a global team matrix environment
- Capable of forward thinking, managing and of moving strategic plans into action
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, coaching, developing team members and being a role model
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical information to IT Leadership, the business, developers and support staff
- International experience with the ability to work in a diverse work environment across cultures and time-zones; available to travel (internationally) at short notice and host/attend international calls outside of standard working hours
- Expected to be able to manage his/her own load while at the same time coordinate the efforts of others
- BIG PLUS IS Experience with architecting enterprise solutions using TOGAF.....not required though.
- Minimum eight years' experience as a Technical/Solutions Architect
- Minimum fifteen years project experience in delivery of enterprise systems with an emphasis on globally available applications
- Strong experience as primary technical leader on successful large application deployments with the ability to manage resources and multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing teams (5-10 people)
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (IIS, .NET, Web Services, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server, Clustering, Active Directory etc..)
- Knowledge of application, database, system, and network design
- In-depth working knowledge of application, database, system, network design, Azure services (PaaS, SaaS), cognitive, business process automation and integration with 3rd party applications
- Confidence in dealing with staff, managers and partners across the firm
- Good knowledge of regional issues and structures, ability to work with people from many different cultural background experience with Enterprise level solution architecture programs, defining architectural patterns starting with envisioning, into conceptual, logical and physical implementations.
- Experienced in defining and/or supporting business processes and intelligent automation, including working integration programs and knowledge of industry data formats
- Experience configuring and delivery of third party products (e.g. workflow and orchestration engines, Practice Management Systems, Portals, Document Management Systems, etc.)
- Ideally with prior experience working at Big 4, Investment Banking or Audit
Education / Academics:
- Proficient communication skills with non-technical audiences
- Microsoft certifications
- BIG PLUS.........….TOGAF 9.x certified. Experienced working with Enterprise Architecture tools such as Troux, Mega, Alfabet, Orbus
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college/university in Computer Science or related field
All offers of employment at TechLink, Inc. are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Background checks will include: Social Security Verification, Prior Employment Verification, Professional References, Educational Verification, Criminal History, Motor Vehicle Records and e-verify.