ManTech is seeking a highly skilled Cloud Automation Engineer & Administrator to join our team in the Stafford, VA area to provide technical expertise within cloud and virtualization based development, test, evaluation, and productions environments.
This position requires an ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance and a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE or equivalent)
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
- Design and implement DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines to support provisioning of dynamic cloud-based resources in support of delivering multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications, services, databases, and capabilities using various cloud services (native, 3rd party, or hybrid)
- Design and implement solutions in accordance with FEDRAMP, NIST, and other applicable organizational standards
- Develop and utilize deployment and process automation capabilities (scripts, applications, platforms, APIs) to ensure processes are defined, repeatable, scalable, and able to be disseminated for wider utilization; may include capabilities such as Ansible, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Configure and deploy Microsoft Windows and Linux servers using automation techniques and Cloud Service Provider user interfaces
- Conduct virtualized server, workstation, and infrastructure administration, troubleshooting, backup, and recovery (Microsoft Windows 2016+, RHEL 7+)
- Support the installation, integration, and management of cloud-based application development, test, and evaluation environment toolsets and established DevSecOps pipelines
- Provide advanced technical support, troubleshooting expertise, and complex problem resolution
- Produce clear and concise documents and diagrams (e.g. technical data package, architecture, and process artifacts such as logical diagrams, interconnection diagrams, desktop procedures, DoDAF 2.0 documents, etc.) that fully capture technical baselines and operational capabilities to guide operations and activities associated to enterprise scale cloud environments
- Maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities to support architecting, engineering, and planning activities
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with eligibility for Top Secret
- Current DoD 8570.01 IAT II Compliant Certification (Security+ or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Extensive knowledge of, and hands on with, cloud [e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc.] platforms, services, architectures/ designs, and best practices
- Extensive hands-on experience with public, private, and hybrid cloud capabilities
- Advanced level of expertise in Linux operating system engineering and administration
- Familiarity with enterprise IT services and architectures
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer, etc.; Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Expert (MCSE) in Cloud Platform or Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Experience with manual and automated security administration, remediation, and hardening (STIG reviews, group policy and permissions, system modifications based on vulnerability scans, audits, and mitigations; patch management)
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise system monitoring tools
- Experience in at least four (4) of the following: Set-up, configuration and support of internal and external IT infrastructure; identifying and analyzing systems requirements; developing and maintaining system applications and security; developing and maintaining network configurations; troubleshooting network and system performances issues; providing user support and guidance; recommending and implementing upgrades, patches, new applications and new equipment; developing and maintaining disaster recovery methods; and/ or ensuring proper documentation, coordination and maintenance of multiple systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to translate complicated technical issues for a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of standard DoD and Marine Corps concepts, practices and procedures
- Familiarity with Navy/Marine Corps interoperability requirements