* This candidate will collaborate with internal subject matter experts in transitioning current OS builds and manual provisioning methods into automated processes and a self-service portal.
* Provide technical and governance experience in all aspects of cloud automation including: VM/OS Optimization, Templates/Blueprints, Infrastructure Service Integration & Automation (Active Directory/DNS, IP Address Management (IPAM), Security Firewalls), Catalog Delivery, Out-Of-Box Automation, Notifications/Approvals, 3rd Party Integration (Anti-Virus, Data Backup Software), Multi-tenancy, Private/Hybrid Design, Service/Support/Policy/Use Case Definitions, and Cloud Operations
* Provide knowledge transfer and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to full time staff regarding design, deployment and operational activities for cloud automation processes.
* Establish foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the cloud (i.e. ITAAS, PAAS, Public Cloud)
* Provide overall cloud strategy and roadmap assistance, customized for the needs of the business. Recommended changes to procedures, which result in operational optimization, improved SLAs and increased utilization of virtual infrastructure investment
* In-depth knowledge of VMWare automation and orchestration toolsets (vRealize Suite vRA, vRO)
* Candidate must have in-depth knowledge on Enterprise Infrastructure Technologies, Application Development Lifecycle technologies, Cloud technologies related to Cloud delivery models (SAAS, PAAS and IAAS) and Cloud deployment models
* Ability to partner with IT Architects, Engineers and Operations (Network, Storage, Compute, Application and Information Security) in the strategy and operational delivery of cloud solutions for the organization
* Extensive experience in developing automated workflows and scripts within a cloud environment
* Advanced configuration of the vCAC interface to capture key configuration attributes and deliver an optimized, self-service user experience
* Ability to analyze and understand current workflows and translate into necessary automated workflows and scripts.
* Hands on experience with VMware's Cloud enabled products, specifically VCAC (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vCO) and vRealize Application Services.
* Worked on and implemented with various technology vendors to develop appropriate solutions exploring various deployment options such as cloud computing delivery models (IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS) and deployment models related to Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud service. (Specifically Vmware vRealize Suite, Cisco, EMC, Amazon)
* Strong Experience with Elastic Scaling and Automated Application Deployment on cloud solutions.
* Hands on experience with hypervisor and compute virtualization technologies (VMware ESXi, VSphere, vCenter, vCloud, Vmware Horizon/View)
* Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure.
* Extensive experience with Configuration management automation platforms (ie Puppet (preferred), Chef and Salt)
* Strong understanding of various compute technologies including x86, Virtual Infrastructure, Unix/Linux (Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux)
* Understanding and experience in Network and Storage virtualization (NSX, Arista, VPLEX).
* Knowledge on Network Infrastructure: Cisco Nexus, high-end data center LAN switches, load balancers, firewalls, Proxy
* Experience with DevOps methodology and Continuous Delivery
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one!