Job Title: Cloud Computing Engineer
Job ID: 603
Information International Associates (IIA) is currently seeking a Cloud Computing Engineer to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The Cloud Computing Engineer will provide on-site and related support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS) with a workforce of approximately 14,000 personnel.
- Experience developing software with object-oriented languages like Java, C++, or Ruby.
- Extensive knowledge about REST APIs,you know when to use JSON or XML.
- Experience with cloud services (OpenStack, Azure Stack AWS).
- Solid understanding of virtual computing and virtualization software (VMware, KVM).
- A solid understanding of networking,software defined networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
- Experience with different databases (Postgres, Casandra, Mongo).
- Familiar with DevOps principles and methodologies, deployment checklists, and more.
Education: BA/BS Degree with 4 Years of Experience
- Golang Java, NET,or Python doing full stack application and/or Platform development.
- Agile methodology and tooling experience
- Working with independently on assignments with minimal direction and determining objectives and approaches to assignments
- Executing quality assurance activities (including peer reviews, test development, and test execution)
- Creating code that interfaces with Commercial Off the Shelf products
- Git (git-flow) with fully automated CI/CD pipeline experience
- Developing SOA and RESTful Web Services.
- Desired Experience:
- Operationalization of microservice platform, experience with platforms and tools such as Kubernetes, Sensu, Prometheus, Jenkins, Gitlab, service mesh or similar tools
- Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to application or business process issues’
- Mentoring, coaching and leading other technical team members.
- Container Platform Development
- Microservice application development experience
- DevOps experience
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL Platforms.
- Instrumentation of services, implementation of monitoring and altering, and triaging of production issues.
- Strong working knowledge of microservices development and relevant supporting technologies such as orchestration, containers, service discovery, service gateways and proxying
- Experience in architecting and building large-scale microservice solutions
- Strong working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS
Experience working with application vendors to understand, implement and maintain applications in a Linux environment
- Linux physical and virtual server management
- Linux administration (upgrades, patching and security compliance requirements)
- Linux troubleshooting experience (setup, account management, file service, network configuration, license management, application hosting and end-user application support)
- Experience working with application vendors to understand, implement and maintain applications in a Linux environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be clearable and able to obtain a Department of Energy Q Clearance and be able to maintain the clearance throughout the life of the contract.
Encantado Technical Solutions (ETS) is an unpopulated Small Business Administration-approved mentor-protégé joint venture between Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc. and ECS Federal, LLC. ETS is bolstered by second-tier subcontractors Information International Associates (IIA) and Amentum. ETS provides comprehensive enterprise and mission-embedded IT support for the $400 - $700 million Third-Party Telecommunications and Information Technology Support Services contract at Sandia National Laboratories. ETS is currently recruiting for a variety of cleared and uncleared IT positions with on-site and remote opportunities in New Mexico and California. As ETS is unpopulated, employees will work for one of the four companies listed above.
IIA is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.