SAIC is looking to fill a position for Cloud Computing Engineer experienced with cloud services (OpenStack, Azure Stack, AWS). Solid understanding of virtual computing and virtualization software (VMware, KVM). A solid understanding of networking, software defined networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks). Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks. Experience with different databases (Postgres, Cassandra, Mongo). Familiar with DevOps principles and methodologies, deployment checklists, and more.
The candidate will administer and support on-premises Azure Stack private cloud instantiation. This includes patching, configuration, service and incident fulfillment, and capacity management. Maintains the integrity of servers and systems to meet established requirements for service levels, disaster recovery, business continuity, and security. Coordinates and interfaces with customers, suppliers, and domain experts such as networking, storage, and datacenter personnel. Must be able to solve complex problems involving the integration of a wide variety of technologies including servers, storage, networking, software, middleware and all systems supporting the virtual environments with very little oversight or direction.
Designs, implements and supports server virtualization infrastructure, primarily using VMware technologies as well as functioning in the role of AzureStack Operator for private cloud. Performs the full lifecycle management (analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, integration and maintenance) of the virtualization infrastructure, including testing of new hypervisors, integration with automation front ends and Cloud offerings.
Position will be responsible for contributing to planning activities such as capacity, scalability, robustness and must be able to quickly learn new technologies and make recommendations to solve new problems. Qualifications
- BS/BA in IT-related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Assurance) plus five (5) or more years' experience or 10 years or more of related experience in lieu of degree)
- Minimum of 2 years using one or more of the following technologies:
- VMware vSphere 6, 6.5
- VMware ESXi
- Hyper V
- Oracle OVM
- Experience with all types of infrastructure including rack-mount servers, blade servers and enclosures.
- Experience with Networking including TCP/IP, LACP, VLAN, LAN/WAN, SMB, NFS
- Windows Server Administration (Windows 2012R2, 2016)
- PowerShell Scripting
- Candidate can work remotely but will be required to travel to the customer's work site several times a year
- Candidate can start uncleared but must be able to obtain a DOE Q clearance
- Hybrid cloud - private/public integration
- Hyper-V 2016, VMM 2016, AzureStack TP deployment experience
- Experience with storage systems including SAN, NAS and VSAN
- Excellent communication and teaming skills
- Linux Administration (RHEL6/7 or Debian)
- An active DOE Q or L or DOD Top Secret or Secret security clearance
- Azure or AWS experience
My SAIC Benefits.