SAIC is looking to fill a position for a Cloud Computing Engineer experienced with cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud). Solid understanding of virtual computing and virtualization software (VMware, KVM). A solid understanding of networking, software defined networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks). Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks. Experience with different databases (Postgres, Cassandra, Mongo). Familiar with DevOps principles and methodologies, deployment checklists, and more.
The candidate will deploy Enterprise Public Cloud services and manage Enterprise Public Cloud environments. On any given day you may be called upon to:
- Perform the full life-cycle management (analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, integration and maintenance) of Enterprise Public Cloud services.
- Coordinate and interface with customers, suppliers, and domain experts such as networking, storage, and cyber personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and perform technical work to deploy and/or migrate customer workloads to Public Cloud.
- The selected candidate must be able to quickly learn modern technologies and solve new and complex problems involving the integration of a wide variety of technologies including servers, storage, networking, software, middleware and all systems supporting the Public Cloud environments.
- BS/BA in IT-related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Assurance) plus five (5) or more years' experience or 10 years or more of related experience in lieu of degree).
- Hands on experience designing, deploying and managing cloud services through Public Cloud Service Providers such as Microsoft (Azure) and Amazon (AWS).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance.
- Candidate can work remotely but will be required to travel to the customer's work site several time a year.
- Cloud platform or Technology Certifications.
- Proven ability to coordinate work across organizations and build/maintain business relationships.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills.
- Experience with physical and virtual Information Technologies: Network, Storage, and Compute.
- Experience with modern IT and cloud native concepts and methodologies such as: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Infrastructure/Application/Configuration as Code, Dev/Ops, CI/CD, containerization, microservices, automation and orchestration.
My SAIC Benefits.