Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
The Enterprise Logging, Monitoring and Analytics has an immediate opening for a Cloud Data Architect position reporting to Assistant Vice President.
The Federal Reserve System's cloud provides a centralized logging platform housing advanced analytics solution for business lines in the Federal Reserve System. We work with state-of-the-art technologies that are part of the next generation data ecosystem, which includes services used for data storage, processing, integration, and data analytics.
A high-level goal of this position is to lead overall architecture of the product. You will work cross-functionally with other architects, product managers, design engineers, developers, operations, and product owners in a rapidly evolving environment. As an Architect, you will be accountable for secure and scalable architecture of enterprise logging product that meets business needs.
As part of the National IT team, our cloud logging, monitoring, and analytics team works with multiple business lines and IT groups from Federal Reserve System districts. You will have an opportunity to showcase your critical thinking and technical skills across many disciplines and across the Federal Reserve System. This role will be instrumental in shaping the direction of enterprise data.What You Will Do:
- Engage with Senior Executives, business leaders at the Federal Reserve and the Board to share the business value.
- Demonstrate leadership, collaboration, exceptional communication, negotiation, strategic and influencing skills to gain consensus and produce the best solutions.
- Promote collaboration across business and IT organizations
- Articulate the technical vision for enterprise logging and analytics strategy for the whole enterprise
- Oversee development to ensure product roadmaps in alignment with other data products and business roadmaps
- Develop a strategy for architecture development method and principles to maintain lifecycle of technology architecture for all cross products
- Oversee design patterns, blueprints, guidelines, and standard methodologies for products
- Ensure current state, future state, key outcome definitions align with Cloud log data management strategy.
- Drive research and POCs (proofs of concept) with emerging technologies to adopt industry best practices in the data space for advancing the cloud data platform.
- Provide guidance on business solution development in the data space and cloud technologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience; advance degree preferred
• Seven or more years of experience in designing and building large-scale solutions in an enterprise setting in both
• Three years in designing and building solutions in the cloud
• Hands-on experience with Airflow, VPC/SG, EC2, S3, AutoScaling, CloudFormation, Kinesis,Redshift, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Docker, Lambda, Spark, Glue,
• Must have a strong background or demonstrate sufficient knowledge of networking and security in a cloud environment
• Experience with leveraging CI/CD pipelines
• Strong background in data structures, networking, performance, and scalability.
• Microservices experience is strongly preferred
• Experience with Agile methodologies and able to work in an Agile manner is preferred
• One or more cloud certifications:Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here fun Full Time / Part Time
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.