Please note I have direct access to the Hiring CTO on this position.
An International, successful and extremely profitable digital marketing solutions company is looking for a Cloud Data Architect. The company is privately held, has been in business for 10+ years, realizes 30-35% profit margins, has Fortune 100 clients such as PepsiCo, Samsung and Capital One and has been recognized by Inc. as one of the fastest growing companies.
The Cloud Data Architect will be responsible for:
- Performing an initial assessment of the data, applications and infrastructure environments. The company receives data from multiple internal and external sources is currently utilizing 100 s of SQL Server databases with several TB s of mission critical data.
- Designing a highly scalable Data Storage and related Pipeline Architectures by analyzing the current real time data streams, document architecturally-significant requirements, ensure the feasibility of these requirements and develop documents and plans to support the requirements.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models utilizing ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) or Kafka or Spark or Hadoop/MapReduce frameworks and build out a unified, high-throughput, low-latency platform for handling real-time mission critical data feeds. This includes data manipulation, data normalization and data replication.
- Migrate from on premise to Azure Cloud Data Lake
- Establish and build best practices for future Data architectures and designs
The Cloud Data Architect reports to the CTO.
- Must have recent experience architecting Data Storage and Pipeline Architectures from the ground up.
- Must have hands on experience building out data pipelines utilizing one or more of the following: Elastic Stack / ELK, Apache Kafka Streams and/or Big Data technologies (Spark or MapReduce Frameworks or Hadoop Ecosystem Tools or Flume or ZooKeeper) loading into Cosmos DB, MongoDB, NoSQL, etc.
- Must have experience migrating data infrastructures from On Prem to Public Cloud such as Azure Data Lakes or Data Lake on AWS
The company offers full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, 4 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick days, 401K, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement, casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment. Management is known for encouraging work life balance.