Cloud Data Engineer - Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology; are solutions your focus, a roll-up-your-sleeves individual who thrives in a daily collaborative environment, a think-tank who can share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ... Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Work with the team to evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to data systems and management.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of applications, components and enhancements.
- Participate in project planning; identifying milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution.
- Generate design, development, test plans, detailed functional specifications documents, user interface design, and process flow charts for execution of programming.
- Develop data pipelines / APIs using Python, SQL, potentially Spark and AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform Methods.
- Use an analytical, data-driven approach to drive a deep understanding of fast changing business.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform cloud platform.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators - to creative digital experts - to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management.
We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel. Qualifications Required
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering with an emphasis on data analytics and reporting.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform), others.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, data transformations, statistical analysis, and troubleshooting across more than one Database Platform (Cassandra, MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Azure Synapse, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience in the design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing custom data pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience with one or more of the follow scripting languages: Python, SQL, Scala, PySPark and/or other.
- 3+ years of experience designing and building solutions utilizing various Cloud services such as EC2, S3, EMR, Kinesis, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, API gateway, Streaming services etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; McLean, VA; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Rosslyn, VA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Limited Immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Travel up to 10% annually.
How you'll grow
- AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform Certification.
- Master's degree or higher.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, preferably Scala, PySpark and/or Python.
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.