The Cloud Data Engineer develops schemas and cloud-based (AWS) data warehouses that are used to store oncology clinical trial and precision medicine data for Clinical Trials Informatics and Precision Oncology / Precision Medicine projects. In this role, the successful candidate will develop experience working with clinical data alongside world class researchers; work with forward-looking cloud architectures; and participate in a start up-like culture that is focused at its core on innovation, quality, and saving the lives of patients afflicted with cancer.
1. Develop Star schemas for clinical data warehouse
2. Perform ETL activities on data
3. Develop and perform complex SQL-based queries against the DWH
4. Leverage Amazon Redshift for DWH activities
5. Work in Linux and OS/X based environments
6. Collaborate and communicate with other team members towards the development of high-quality technical deliverables.
Education and Experience Guidelines
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Scientific Discipline (or professional certification(s)) and a minimum 7 years technical experience; Masters degree preferred; 10+ years progressive experience with a recent focus on cloud technology in absence of an academic degree and/or certification.
2. 2+ years of AWS
3. Linux experience
4. Experience with Columnar database (eg Columnar DB, HBase, BigTable)
5. The role requires a “hands on” level of technical skill leveraging Redshift and ETL processes
6. In-depth knowledge of some aspect of the clinical or medical research environment is preferred but not required
About Essex Management
Essex Management LLC (Essex) is a privately held, SBA-certified small business with offices in Maryland and Connecticut. Essex was founded in 2009 by experienced consulting leaders with many years of past performance delivering clinical / pharmaceutical data management, IT hardware services, and IT software services in the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies.
Today, our footprint has expanded from the pharmaceutical R&D technology space to include a specialization in health and clinical informatics consulting in the public, private, and academic research sectors; as well as supporting managed staffing programs in the regulated pharmaceutical and electric utility industries.
The cornerstone of Essex’s success is our dedicated and experienced personnel. Our staff consists of industry veterans with valuable research, business, and technical skills. We maintain an uncompromising standard for excellence in all our placements, internal and external.
Essex Management is an equal opportunity employer. Essex Management does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.