Cloud Data Engineer
Thousand Oaks, CA - 100% On-site
Contract to Hire
Up to $180,000
Our client is looking for a Cloud Engineer with coding abilities to develop our Digital and Retail business' data architecture as well as provide guidance and enforcement of technical standards. The Cloud Data Engineer will work with various developmental ops teams providing assessments and prototypes of concepts and technologies as well as new capability development. Also, will provide valued input and active support as a member of the Technology Design Team.
The Cloud Data Engineer will be responsible for modernizing and migrating the organization to a cloud data platform and building a reliable, and scalable data infrastructure (with cutting edge privacy & security). Solutions should be cost-effective, scalable, secure, low latency, and resilient to enable predictive and prescriptive analytics throughout the enterprise.
- 7+ years working with enterprise data solutions
- A high proficiency in SQL and Python with hands on experience with Redshift, S3 Data Lakes, and performance tuning an "know how" in an AWS environment
- Strong experience working in a public cloud environment as well as on-premises infrastructure.
- Expertise with Columnar Databases such as Redshift/Snowflake/Firebolt, TSDBs such as Apache Pinot, and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience with in-memory, serverless, streaming technologies and orchestration tools such as Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes
- Recent implementation experience required, 7+ years of platform implementation experience.
- Expert level knowledge with OLTP and OLAP databases, data lakes, and schemas.
- Proficiency with AWS Cloud Data Lake Technologies as well as operational experience with Kinesis/Kafka, S3, Glue, and Athena.
- Proficiency with any message/file formats such as Parquet, Avro, or ORC
- Design and development on Streaming Services, EMS, MQ, Java, XSD, File Adapter, and ESB based applications
- Experience with, SOA, RESTful APIs, and data integration architectures.
- A thorough understanding of CI/CD
- Experience with several modern data processing technologies:
- Big Data (Spark, spectrum, Flume, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
- Streaming (Kafka, SQS/SNS queuing, etc.)
- AWS (S3, Lambda, Redshift, Glue, EC2, etc.)
- Expertise in Python, PySpark, or similar
- BI tools: Tableau or Domo etc.
- AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty desirable
- Design and Implementation of AWS big data and analytics solutions in large digital and retail environments.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com