Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
The Enterprise Logging, Monitoring and Analytics has an immediate opening for a Cloud Data Engineer Associate position.
The Federal Reserve System's cloud provides a centralized logging platform housing advanced analytics solution for business lines in the Federal Reserve System. We work with state-of-the-art technologies that are part of the next generation data ecosystem, which includes services used for data storage, processing, integration and data analytics.
A high-level goal of this position is to participate in implementation of the product. You will work cross-functionally with design engineers, developers, operations, and product owners in a rapidly evolving environment.
As part of the National IT team, our cloud logging, monitoring, and analytics team works with multiple business lines and IT groups from Federal Reserve System districts. You will have an opportunity to showcase your critical thinking and technical skills across many disciplines and across the Federal Reserve System. This role will be instrumental in shaping the direction of enterprise data.What You Will Do:
- Develop enterprise logging solution and analytics capabilities by leveraging AWS native and 3rd party vendor products
- Implement high velocity streaming capabilities leveraging AWS Kinesis, SQS and SMS
- Implement ad-hoc analysis solutions using Athena
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience; advance degree preferred
• 1 or more years of experience in implementing solutions in an enterprise setting
• Hands-on experience with VPC/SG, EC2, S3, Lambda
• Experience with Agile methodologies and able to work in an Agile manner is preferred
• One or more AWS cloud certificationsDiscover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here funOther Requirements and Considerations:
• Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
• Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
• Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience. Full Time / Part Time
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.