YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will engage with Navy Federal's business areas and support the planning, design, and implementation of data platform services while leveraging Azure data and analytics PaaS services. The Cloud Data Engineer will facilitate the management, monitoring, security, and privacy of data using the full stack of Microsoft Azure data services to satisfy business needs. This role will be the subject matter expert (SME) in building, managing, and securing data in the Cloud with Cloud Native Engineering and through automated processes. The position requires complete hands-on experience developing and managing various data related resources in the Cloud through Azure portal and/or automated scripts using CI/CD pipelines through Azure DevOps or PowerShell and ARM templates as applicable.
• Create, setup, and protect new Azure Data Resources - IaaS or PaaS (such as Azure SQL, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse) using manual or automated pipelines using Infrastructure-as-a-Code (IaC).
• Understand the data related problem statement or request from stakeholders and clearly define and recommend a solution for Cloud Native using Azure Data technologies.
• Verify and enforce RBAC is granted to various Azure Data Resources or provide the best recommendation to Identity Management to implement least privilege access to data on a need to know basis.
• Support Encryption of Data at Rest with Keys managed in Azure Key Vault.
• Implement highly available Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Integration systems.
• Create development standards which comply with enterprise architecture guidelines and Information Security rules.
• Work with internal partners and external vendors in order to test and validate data infrastructure in the cloud environment.
• Create database backup and archival strategies for Cloud native data.
• Elaborate and propose on data integration and data migration/replication methodologies between cloud-to-cloud and on-premises-to-cloud systems.
• Deploy integration systems leveraging high security standards.
• Configure integration, database, and Big Data systems with key management and encryption systems.
• Collaborate with members of teams on different streams of the project, such as (but not limited to): Solutions Development, DevOps, Network, Monitoring/Reliability Engineering, and Infrastructure.
• Stay abreast of Microsoft's latest releases, previews, and features related to Azure Data components mentioned below and make recommendations to customers when available.
• Participate in On-call Rotation (as required) for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities.
• Act as a lead and perform independently with minimal guidance and focus on delivery.
Minimum of 3-5 year experience in deploying and managing Azure Cloud Data Services in Azure Cloud.
Hands-on experience with special focus on Identity and Access Management (Roles and Permission Model) :
• Azure Storage Accounts
• Azure SQL Datawarehouse
• Azure SQL Database
• Azure Key Vault
• Power BI
• Azure Analysis Service
• Azure Blob Storage
• Azure Data Bricks
• Azure Data Factory and Linked Services
• Azure Data Lake Storage
• Azure Data Lake Analytics
• Azure Synapse Analytics
• Function Apps, Logic Apps
• API Management
• App Service Environment
• App Service Plans
• VNETs/Subnets/Network Security Groups/Resource Tracker
• Private Endpoints
• Cosmos DB
• Data Encryption with Encryption key management in Azure Key Vault
Experience working in an Agile, SaFE, or iterative approach to product delivery preferred.
• Data Migration and Analysis skills, Data and Object Modeling skills
• CRM knowledge, preferably Microsoft Dynamics
• 2+ years of experience with cluster, Always On Availability Groups, Mirroring
• Developing and publishing reports using PowerBI
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Microsoft Azure Certifications
• Industry standard security certifications
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 or remote
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $92,900 - $160,400
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying.