DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
- Build and implement complex data solutions in the cloud
- Utilize best practices for the design and implementation of the data lake storage approach on Public Cloud: including data store, formats, encryption, compression, and access controls
- Uncover and recommend remediation for data quality anomalies
- Investigate, recommend and implement data ingestion and ETL performance improvements
- Develop and execute test plans to validate code
- On-board end-to-end datasets to the data lake and relevant access provisioning
- Design and implement a data catalog that democratizes data access in a secure way
- Connect applications to the data lake for data consumption
- Consult with business stakeholders and translate their requirements into analytics and reports on the data lake
- Experience with cloud and commercial Data Lake platforms
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem, including hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
- Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
- Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Demonstrated industry expertise in the fields of database, data warehousing or data science
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
- Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives
Compensation: $125,800.00/Yr. - $179,300.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.