The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Cloud Database Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Primary Responsibilities
The candidate will assist government technical leadership, researching new approaches to solving difficult problems, developing analyses of alternative database approaches, assist with system architecture frameworks and other over-arching engineering issues that would impact the organization. The candidate will implement the database management system, manage the development and implementation of the data model, and support the developers as they begin to use the database. What you will like about this position...
- Working in a dynamic environment, bring expertise to enable a standardized database platform for multiple teams in the division.
- Becoming familiar with multiple efforts that provide refinement and better information on data being enhance with analytic techniques such as Java Map/Reduce, High Performance Computing, and Cloud Services such as Amazon AWS.
- Being part of the team that is developing the future environment for the teams, developing and implementing the converged database architecture to be used by all teams on the program.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- The candidate shall have a minimum of 10 years of experience in developing applications for and providing life cycle support to databases.
- Candidates must possess experience in requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, support, testing, problem diagnosis, and resolution.
- Experience in developing data models with NoSQL databases such as Accumulo and/or MongoDB
- Experience with implementing and maintaining NoSQL databases.
- Experience in developing software using Java or other interfaces to NoSQL databases
- A background in relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL) is a plus.