Weblogic Admin/Cloud Deployment expert (Cloud Applications Engineers)
Columbia MD & Naples FL
Currently seeking top talent to help support standalone hosted and multi-tenant SAAS solutions across global data centers.
The Cloud Enablement team is leading major data center consolidation efforts spanning multiple environments.
We are Oracle's premier team for setting up new environments using the latest components and services in Cloud technology.
We require Independent Contractors working as Cloud Application Engineers, to join our team and be entrusted with application operations of these global data centers.
We work closely with infrastructure teams, cloud delivery managers, development & SRE engineers in applying continuous improvements and meeting deliverables in a fast paced high volume and high velocity environment.
• Build and install application platforms and environments as per defined standards.
• Document and share application engineering standards – specifically Hotel applications to ensure standardization and optimization of procedures and processes
• Prepare maintenance run books and validate in test environment as readiness for production implementation
• Roll up the sleeves in troubleshooting and help junior engineers with incident management
• Configure build/automation installation scripts for key Hotel applications and deliver as per project plans (Oracle Enterprise Manager, Chef, etc.)
• Lead the implementation of new customer environments in both Windows & Linux
• Assist with the L3 support escalations
• Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
• Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or computer related field
• 8+ years related experience of a best-in-class cloud or hosting organization (preferably Hospitality, Food & Beverage, or eCommerce)
• Have a broad, strong technical knowledge which encompasses Application operations including deployment, Release automation, Platform architecture, Database, Network, Load-balancing / Clustering and Security
• Have detailed knowledge of applications built using some or all of Apache, WebLogic, Java, OBIEE, Fusion Middleware, Oracle database and OAM
• Possess proven track record of operational success in a high traffic environment
• Possess strong results orientation and an ability to take ownership of issues and drive them to completion
• Be a team player going above and beyond in taking additional responsibilities and delivering them
• Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals (a track record of delivering results within a matrix business environment)
• Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
• Set high standards with respect to the treatment of customers and peers