Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.Cloud DevOps Analyst (Monitoring) - DAS AuditPreferred Locations:
Tampa, FL, Princeton, NJ, Hermitage, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.Work you'll do
The DevOps group is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. We support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
We are developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch DevOps Engineers to create our next generation platforms.
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from backend data and front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophies to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development and product teams.
DevOps manages the application lifecycle management (ALM) tools that underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role as the Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
- Implement solutions provided by Cloud Architects, Development Architects and Sr. DevOps team members
- Identify and proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement on DevOps services provided with a focus on application monitoring and site reliability
- Document the process and tasks being taught so it can be standardized and cross trained across the team
- Refine the team's standards to create and manage application and infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Create alerts based on system performance and cybersecurity best practices
- Deploy alerts and dashboards using CI/CD pipelines
- Partner with development teams to improve metrics and refine telemetry available for troubleshooting and monitoring
- Partner with business stakeholders to define and implement dashboards in order to measure system performance and usage against expected business outcomes
- Report on key performance indicators and provide feedback to application teams to improve system performance and telemetry
- Collaborate with DevOps engineers and Cloud architect to support development teams with a full set of monitoring operational metrics/debugging information
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice
- Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities
Deloitte has revolutionized software and application delivery, creating a model that's scalable, cost-effective, and leverages a progressive and responsive talent structure. As Deloitte's primary internal development team, the application studios deliver innovative digital solutions to businesses, service lines, and industries with proven bottom-line results.
The 570+ applications in Deloitte's enterprise application portfolio are created to solve highly complex business problems and lead in practitioner productivity in an increasingly mobile, interconnected, and rapidly evolving landscape. From true enterprise apps enhancing daily productivity to business-enabling systems, ITS Deloitte Application Studios teams enable Deloitte professionals-across business lines-to serve clients with distinction.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with minimum 5 year's enterprise related experience as a DevOps or systems administrator/analyst in 24X7 uptime environment (Windows). Demonstrated ability to quickly achieve a working acumen of new technologies.
- Experience with application monitoring and creating dashboards for cloud-based applications using tools such as Azure Monitor, Grafana, New Relic, SolarWinds, Amazon CloudWatch
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into technical specifications and solutions
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer requirements
- Experience in development with scripting languages, preferably PowerShell
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Exposure working with IaaS and PaaS services
- Intermediate level working knowledge of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Experience working in an agile development team with emerging technologies and changing business needs
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a "can do" attitude
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.