“Govt requirement, needs US Citizenship”
Software developer position who will be working on the development of analytical processes on top of Amazon Web Services. Participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex software engineering activities. Responsible for the development of components of many complex analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and defining parameters for interfacing with external production systems and the implementation of system design. Must be able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across technical, managerial and customer audiences. Responsible for the resolution process for complex problems where troubleshooting requires an in-depth understanding and evaluation of system processes. Exercises judgment through understanding of software engineering best practices in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- A successful candidate will have a strong software development background – specifically with Java.
- A successful candidate will be able to function as a full stack software engineer.
- Responsible for rapid development and prototyping of analytical processes in support of several client initiatives.
- Responsible for development of RESTful web services that host data to production systems.
- Responsible for assisting in the monitoring and management of deployed environments.
- Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 6 plus years of experience in software development, specifically advanced Java capabilities.
- Past responsibilities as a software engineer working with cloud technologies.
- Experience in processing large amounts of data using popular Big Data frameworks such as Hadoop or similar.
- A strong understanding of cloud concepts and familiarity with common standards and tools used in cloud computing on Amazon Web Services (such as – EC2, CloudFormation, VPC, EMR, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway).
- Working knowledge of development of webservices and deployment against Microservice architectures on API Gateway.
- Working knowledge automating tasks through scripting within a Linux environment (bash scripting).
- Working knowledge working with and managing NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of cloud development and implementation practices and capabilities – including HTTP, synchronous and asynchronous processing, highly available and resilient modeling/engineering.
- Working knowledge of various methodologies for deploying applications against cloud technologies.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Relevant IT certifications, preferably AWS certifications.
Please send resume to alan at softcominc.net