As a member of the Schwab Asset Management Technology team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to support multiple application development teams to drive our services and applications at scale. We our going through a time of rapid innovation and new product development to support our evolving business to deliver exceptional experiences to investors and the financial professionals who serve them. What you are good at
- As a Platform Integration DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a highly engaged, high-performing team of reliability engineers who support critical systems and applications across lower environments including development, QA, UAT, and finally handing off to production support.
- You will be involved in all aspects of the SDLC from designing build pipelines, to supporting our AWS cloud environment.
- You will gain a deep understanding of the inner workings of our applications to identify monitoring needs and to create suitable runbooks.
- You will work closely with business partners, development teams, infrastructure teams, and colleagues across the organization. Our goal is to continuously improve products, processes, and user experiences, leveraging your passion for innovative IT solutions and to support our platform engineers as we adopt a modern vision of DevOps culture.
- The position requires a strong teamwork mindset coupled with demonstrated excellence in leading technical teams with an affinity for leveraging tooling and automation to achieve maximum process reliability.
Additionally, a continuous focus on collaboration and coordination efforts with related departments and stakeholders will strengthen our partnerships and will drive positive change What you are good at
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in both Linux and Windows environments
- Strong background with Linux system administration
- 5+ years of Cloud experience with AWS
- 5 years of experience working with the following AWS services
o AWS Batch
o DMS (Database Migration Service)
o ECS (Elastic Container Service)
o ECR (Elastic Container Registry)
What you have
- Familiarity with databases including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- Solid understanding of Cloud architectures, best practices, and security considerations
- Practical experience with Docker containerization
- Proficiency in scripting languages including Bash and Python
- Strong experience with CI/CD tooling, preferably Bamboo
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure As Code), preferably Terraform
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Salt
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Schwab systems experience required
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Working familiarity with Informatica ETL
Why work for us?
- BitBucket and Bamboo.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts such as routing, subnetting, NATing etc
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related experience.
- Experience working in financial or banking industry.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.