Cloud Devops Engineer (AWS/Azure)
Location: Washington DC
CMCI provides management consulting and IT services that empower enterprises to achieve their business goals in today's highly competitive market. Our goal is to seamlessly integrate into each customer's organization to fully understand their business and technology needs. This approach allows us to quickly deliver high quality solutions while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction on time and within budget. By choosing CMCI, you are choosing a company that can deliver on business outcomes and mission needs in the most cost-effective manner and without sacrificing capability. As a part of CMCI's culture of loyalty and commitment to its employees, CMCI is committed to provide a tremendous career path by promoting employees to their highest potential.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and managing cloud-based production, pre-production and dev environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of environments.
- Build, release, and configuration management of the above environments.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- Ensuring 24/7 system uptimes.
- Ensuring smooth 24/7 CI/CD and DevOps.
- Design, implement, and execute Backup and Recovery and Business Continuity processes.
- Design, implement, and execute security standards.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security using best-in-class cloud security solutions.
- Monitor maintenance and outages, assess impact, and develop strategies to minimize impact.
- Create and follow up on AWS / Azure support tickets.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3+ years’ experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (e.g. EC2, ECR, ECS, EKS, Lambda, RDS, ELB, EFS, EBD, S3, VPC, SNS, SQS, SES, CloudWatch, Route 53) to develop and maintain a range of Amazon AWS based and/or Microsoft Azure based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Core experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with machine-generated big data searching, monitoring and analysis using tools such as Splunk.
- Strong experience in the CI/CD pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, Maven, TwistLock etc. Special emphasis on integrating the tools to form the pipeline.
- Strong scripting (e.g., CloudFormation, TerraForm) and automation skills.
- Linux and Windows system administration.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
AWS or Azure technical certification.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server). Experience with NoSQL DBs
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile project management methodologies.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.