MicroHealth is seeking a Cloud Docker Engineer to support our client in Vienna, VA.
- Responsible for the design and development of IT systems. Develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support and system enhancements. Responsible for selecting appropriate C.A.S.E. tools to develop systems and software. Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information regarding technology processes or systems.
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products. Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment. Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth, installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure.
- Working with virtual networks (VMware/vCenter), Web Services, and streaming media
- Development of tools and processes for managing services running on Unix and Windows servers.
- Participate in the development and testing of internal tools, scripts and other similar coding projects.
- Work in a DevOps model to define, develop, maintain and support products
- Define and conform to continuous deployment and continuous integration
- Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies
- Monitor reporting/alarming tools, KPIs, look for issues, errors, inconsistencies, anomalies, etc. to ensure nominal system health
- Attend Scrum meetings, sprint planning sessions, follow Agile methodologies
- Solves complex problems. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Experience in Unix or Linux Systems Administration working with customers in technical operations or engineering
- Experience with docker spin up and building images (ie. Docker Compose)
- Systems analysis/programming experience.
- Requires a high level of expertise in multiple system environments.
- Possesses experience in minicomputer or client/server environments including the implementation and support of resource planning, sales automation, marketing, financial and distribution systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
MicroHealth is a Center for Veteran Enterprises (CVE) and a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that specializes in health information technology and health information management. We are a small disadvantaged business 8(a), Virginia certified small disadvantaged minority-owned business with process maturity assessed at CMMI-Dev Level III. We help health organizations make better use of information technology to support the decisions that ultimately result in better health outcomes for patients, providers, public health and payers. We do this by providing full life-cycle Health Information Technology and Health Information Management Support for Federal & Commercial markets. Our team of Informaticists, Technologist and Health Professionals design, develop and leverage technology as a catalyst to better health outcomes . At MicroHealth, we believe health information technology is less about the technology. It's about the PEOPLE empowered with information to make better decisions; VALUE it brings to patients, providers, public health and payers; and INNOVATION that help improve patient outcomes. Simply put, MicroHealth places health back into health information technology.
Visit https://www.microhealthllc.com to learn more.