Cloud ETL Developer
CGI is seeking a strong Cloud ETL Developer to join our team. Position is based in Baltimore, MD. We are looking for someone who likes to work in a collaborative team environment to deliver for the client.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Attend daily stand-up scrum calls.
• Collaborate in a "war-room" setting with business analysts, developers, testers, architect, scrum master, and product owner to assist in grooming, designing, coding, unit testing user stories related to the Program Increment and current iteration.
• Exercise positive interpersonal communication skills and works independently and within an agile team during all phase of the software development lifecycle.
• Design, develop and implement complex ETL processes of healthcare data to meet a wide range of business and system requirements.
• Support the ETL operational processes including but not limited to: automation, job scheduling, dependencies, monitoring, maintenance, patches, upgrades, security, and administration.
• Investigate and correct software defects and analyzes and maintains data quality.
• Identify process improvements and innovative ways to solve existing or new problems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 5+ years of direct related computer programming experience.
• 5+years of IT experience with at least 2 years of SQL development experience developing on multiple relational database platforms including Teradata.
• 2+ years of experience with AWS Cloud tools / environment, Databricks, Snowflake or similar platforms.
• 1+ years of experience in working with Python programming.
• Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance and must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years.
• Prior experience developing healthcare IT solutions strongly preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in Github, or similar version control tools.
• Prior experience using the Agile development framework, and CI/CD DevOps.
• In depth knowledge on Data Warehouse (DW) concepts for ETL Development
• 2+ year of experience in Code migration and deployment using AWS resources in the cloud environment.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.