SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc
., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Job description
Responsible for full delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on medium Enterprise wide technology platforms. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products. May implement improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems. May implement process to reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes in order to operate more efficiently.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary. Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews. Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort. Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team. Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines. Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Desired Technical skills: AWS, Big Data, Spark, Scala, Database Services- Redshift, SNowflake, and exposure to EMR, Glue, Athena
Requires an BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training and 7 or more years related experience; multi platform experience, and expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, and provide troubleshooting support. Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.