Cloud Engineer - Kubernetes
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: Currently approved through July 2021 - expected to go longer
· This is with the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team within ECC.
· A lot of what the team deals with is Virtualization, the primary tool they use is Kubernetes.
· Kunernetes helps containerize the functions, security, API's etc of client’s cloud.
· Having Kuberetes experience, is number 1 skill.
· He needs candidates that have Amazon's EKS which is their managed kubernetes service and Azure (AKS) the Microsoft version of the service.
· They work primarily with WI, HealthCare and FBT BU's supporting their clients and tech needs.
· Some of the coding responsibilities they will have includes debugging python, bash, Go scripts that runs the digital network infrastructure client uses.
The Team: The Enterprise Cloud Computing SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Team is essential to the success of client’s cloud adoption. The SRE team implements, manages and improves a complex and sophisticated Kubernetes system spanning multiple clouds, public and private. As a natural extension of this system, the team also ensures that the hosted web applications and microservices are balanced, monitored and designed to scale. These goals are achieved through highly coordinated relationships with the Kubernetes solution development teams, application support teams and our vendor partners
The Expertise We’re Looking For
· Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage, and optimizations
· 4+ years software engineering with a focus on CI/CD and release management
· Experience with enabling and managing cloud services, usage and optimization
· 4+ years experience designing, implementing and managing Kubernetes (EKS, AKS)
· 4+ years experience managing solutions as code by using GIT
· 2+ years with Jenkins
· 2+ years with Shell Scripting
· 3+ years experience in 24x7 production environments.
· Experience with programming languages such as Python and Go
· Experience designing, implementing and hosting solutions based in AWS and/or Azure
· AWS, Azure and/or Kubernetes certifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences – or equivalent work experience
The Skills You Bring
· Extensive experience in designing and developing automation
· Lead significant production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for client
· Create solutions that support a DevOps practices for delivery and operations of services
· Adapting to rapid changes in Cloud with ability to learn very quickly
· Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale
· Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with good interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
The Value You Deliver
· SREs troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
· The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work.
· Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
· Cultivate relationships with developers, engineers and other technology partners to understand their infrastructure needs.
· Act as a technical point of escalation, provide mentorship, and technical direction to team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.