ASRC Federal is seeking a Cloud Engineer who is passionate about delivering our company's cloud capabilities to our federal customers. Positioned within our Cloud IT Transformation Service Center, you will be supporting the delivery of cloud engineering services to various federal government customers, while also solutioning technical challenges for future opportunities.
This is an opportunity for someone passionate about cloud transformations to get in on the ground floor of a growth-focused organization and to work with an established team in a flexible and enjoyable work environment.
This is a full-time position with a combination of remote work and traveling to customer sites. It is a remote position.Key Role:
In this role, you will bring your cloud engineering expertise to advance our organizations federal cloud services presence by performing a combination of the responsibilities are outlined below:
Responsibilities Required skills/experience:
- Directly performing cloud engineering and related functions for our federal customers.
- Designing, building, testing, and deploying highly scalable, resilient, cost-effective, and secure cloud-based solutions using AWS or Azure or GCP.
- Migrating on-prem systems to cloud environments.
- Developing, deploying, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing, cloud environments in AWS or Azure or GCP.
- Contributing to and defining best practices for cloud services delivery.
- Contributing to innovations and product/tool evaluation and selection.
- Contributing to written proposals for solutions to new business opportunities with federal customers.
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or related field.
- 5+ years related experience performing cloud engineering services (within AWS/Azure/GCP), ideally for federal customers.
- 3+ years of specialized experience in any of the following:
- Providing hands-on cloud engineer support with implementing and operating cloud-based CI/CD pipelines.
- Providing hands-on on-prem to cloud migrations of portfolios of large, enterprise systems.
- Expert level cloud networking knowledge and experience
- Has strong technical background and remains up to date with technology and industry developments.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Makes sound and far-reaching decisions alone on major issues and to take full responsibility for them on a technical basis.
- Experience working with potential customers and internal teams to assess their business and technical needs.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with:
- Cloud-based CI/CD pipelines
- Advanced serverless computing
- High performance computing in the cloud
- Multi-cloud, hybrid cloud networking
- Advanced AWS and/or Microsoft Azure Solution Architect or DevOps Certification
Must be US Citizen.