We are hiring Cloud Engineer for US ARMY project based in Radford, VA
Company Name: - JTSi (Johnson Technology Systems, Inc.)
Position: Cloud Engineer
Clearance: interim secret or higher in JPAS
Location: Radford, VA
Duration : Long term
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for a Cloud Engineer supporting the ARMY commercial cloud services infrastructure. Project is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Cloud Engineer technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Mid to senior level Cloud Engineer experience
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSD Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, etc. strongly preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Strong experience with IPSEC/VPN, and other secure transport technologies as well as BGP
- Proven experience migrating on-premise applications to the cloud
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Terraform, Python, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of code repositories tools such as Git preferred
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) preferred
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline experience such as Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS CodeDeploy - preferred
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (703) 949-9118. If you do respond via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP with your updated resume.
Established in 2003, JTSi is an IT & Engineering Services provider with years of documented experience in the Information Technology and Engineering services field. JTSi has a proven track record for successfully delivering mission critical Professional IT Services to the Public Sector. JTSI SAP/ERP team delivers high value business solutions to its clients by clearly understanding their core business problems. We deliver quality services at equitable rates and focus on constant improvement in all areas of our operation, with a strong commitment to meeting our Customer s needs. We view ourselves more as a Business Partner than merely a consulting services provider. At JTSi customer is always first and partnering is our path to customer satisfaction - We do what we say.