Description Job Description:
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a pro-active Cloud Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and deploy the latest generation of solutions to our intelligence customers, from engagement with senior customers to software development as a member of a SAFe Agile team. As a Cloud Engineer on this program, you will use a broad range of skills to develop and deploy the latest generation of solutions to our intelligence customers. Within this program you will get to see the impact each day- What you do Matters!Primary Responsibilities:
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with cloud-first and AWS native architectures.
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with AWS Console, CLI, and Manage Services
- Utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as code in an automated fashion
- Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
- Use knowledge for IT systems to include, but not limited to;
- Linux baselines: CentOS and Ubuntu, Bash Scripting and hardening protocols
- Micro-Services: building decoupled systems, utilizing RESTful endpoints and lightweight systems
- Data Management: landing zones, data lakes, and data movement restrictions for security
- Development: Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Security: understanding of information security postures for members of the Intelligence Community, engineering of secure solutions, and experience providing security documentation
- Operations: continuous deployments, rip and replace architectures, dynamic monitoring, and quick-response operations up-time
- CI/CD tools: Git and Jenkins
- In-depth experience with cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments.
- Significant experience working with DevOps CI/DS related technologies.
- In-depth experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
- Candidate must have BS degree with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- At least 2 years of C2S experience
- Demonstrated experience of the following;
- Cloud formation
- Server less architectures and implementations
- Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
- Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
- Candidate must be .
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.