DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
A Cloud Engineer will work closely with Cloud and VMware architecture, engineers, and peers across Dish to ensure that wireless projects and new initiatives are resilient and secured in accordance with industry principles and standards. The role will function as an expert in cloud-based solutions with a strategic mindset to drive results. This role will lead the development, deployment, and automation of Cloud Native solutions in an enterprise environment focusing on microservice architecture with both containers and virtual machines.Primary Responsibilities:
A successful Cloud Engineer will have the following at a minimum:
- Develop, execute, and implement the vision for cloud architecture, deployment systems, and application infrastructure
- Provide innovative solutions leveraging modern deployment tools/techniques and make recommendations to support a rapidly growing environment
- Implement best practices by developing, refining, iterating, integrating, testing, staging and deploying maintainable technical solutions
- Accountable for effectively leading, communicating and managing change ensuring sustainability of process and performance enhancement
- Remain current on the external environment for industry-leading tools, technology, analytics and best practices
Preferred additional experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree; six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years of professional experience in virtualized or containerized architectures, such as: Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare
- Detailed experience with containerization technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Detailed experience with Infrastructure-as-Code concepts and tools, such as: Vault, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps concepts and lifecycle
- Ability to break down complex problems, implement custom solutions and automate them in a secure manner
- Experience with systems integration, requirements analysis, and process implementation
- 3 or more years experience in managing deployment pipelines based on industry standard tools, such as: Gitlab, Jenkins, Argo CD
- 2 or more years of professional experience in VMware services and tools
- 1 or more years experience in programming using one or more of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or advanced Shell scripting
- Familiarity with VMware and Virtual Machine orchestration
- Familiarity with Amazon EKS or Google GKE
- Understanding load balancing and traffic management
- Experience with real-time monitoring using industry standard tools, such as: Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Grafana
Compensation: $89,280.00/Yr. - $133,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.